background

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sleepless in Seattle

I have created a rather clever list of reasons why one may actually be Sleepless in Seattle.
This list is based mainly on stereotypes as well as one or two of my own observations.


1)  Too much coffee.
Seattle is known for coffee. It is everywhere, and it is extremely difficult to avoid drinking.  (If we are being honest, I totally abuse the expresso machine in my office.)  All this coffee cannot be benefiting anyone's sleep habits.
2)  Too much grunge music.
Seattle is also known for grunge music.  How can you you sleep while listening to grunge music?
3)  Fear of Vampires.
The infamous Forks County is approximately 3 hours from Seattle.  141 miles by car.  A vampire could probably run that distance in an one hour.  And they probably do.
4)  Fear of Bears
Last night, I heard a newscaster say, "Coming up, It could be a record year for orphaned bear cubs."  It was not something I expected to hear at that moment.
5)  I would attempt to say something witty about Grey's Anatomy.
But I don't know anything about it- except that it takes place in Seattle.
6)  You are lonely Tim Hanks, waiting for Meg Ryan to come into your life.
As is the case in Sleepless in Seattle.


7)  Becoming preoccupied with a Blog.
I could come up with more reasons, but they would become extremely ridiculous, and besides, it is past bedtime.  Work tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment