background

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Holiday Weekend. YES!

The past week has FLOWN by.  Ordinarily, I dislike time to pass too quickly, but it is actually pretty great.  I have been looking forward to this weekend for a few reasons.
1. Meggsie is here!!!
2. It is a holiday weekend.
3. The weather is supposed to be beautiful for a few days.
4. Without work on Monday, there is plenty of time to go exploring.

I don't have anything insightful to say right now, but I do have a few pictures to share!

A quick one from last weekend- Aunt Sheila, Lauren, and I went to "Suncadia!!!" which is basically a mountainous golf resort in the Cascades.  We had a sunny outside lunch, walked around, and enjoyed the scenery.  Apparently, I absolutely love mountains.


TODAY, after work, Sheila, the girls, Megan, and I went on a quick hike at Cougar Mountain to Coal Creek Falls...
It was a nice trail, and the woods were unlike anything at home.  I felt more like I was in a rainforest than the "woods"- but there was no humidity.  A perfect 75 degrees and sunny.
It was only a mile or so to the falls.  Highlights of the walk include:
A horse.
A giant slug.
A slip and cliffhanger stunts by Lauren... literally.
The falls were actually pretty cool, too!
Notice the GIANT green tree stumps.

After the hike, we drove just a few minutes to a public golf club that is one of the prettiest clubs/courses that I've visited.  We were there to check out the view of Seattle, but we stayed for a delightful dinner on the patio.
Sweet view of Seattle from our table on the sunny patio.
And the girls playing... 


Back at the house, we had an early Birthday Party for Megs.  :)  19 in 2 days...  

Tomorrow's agenda includes...  the Public Market and other downtown shenanigans in the morning followed by KAYAKING in the afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment